Thursday, February 21, 2008

sometimes

Sometimes I tire of being the strong one.
Sometimes I tire of being the one to take care of everything.
Sometimes I tire of being the one to hold everything together.
Sometimes I tire of holding in my emotions and feelings.
Sometimes I tire of keeping my “chin up” or a “stiff upper lip”.
Sometimes I tire of being the nurturing one.

Sometimes I need to be allowed to be tired.
Sometimes I need to be allowed to feel weak.
Sometimes I need to be allowed to feel defeated.
Sometimes I need to be able to not feel like I have to hide my tears.
Sometimes I need to be held by strong arms.
Sometimes I need to find safety in strong arms.

Sometimes I need.

Sometimes I feel like I have nothing left to give...
until someone gives me something back.

4 comments:

Mia said...

You know, more than sometimes, I feel that too.

((((BIG HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I know someone who feels that way. And what it's like to feel that way myself. But coincidentally, I was just writing tonight, in my journal, about how I've noticed that every time something else gets taken away, it turns out I didn't need it. And I have the feeling that when my life ends, it will end with that feeling too - and not in an unhappy way.

anna said...

miranda - hugs to you too.

PMM - Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. It's amazing how little we need to be happy if we have that inner sense of peace.

Jonas said...

I know the feeling well.

Even the hardiest flower needs a bit of dew and nurturing, every now and then, to thrive.