Friday, March 7, 2008

wishing for phlegm

During the funeral, I shook hands and had my cheeks kissed by hundreds of people offering their condolences and sympathy. Some of those people were sick with a cold or flu. My mother had a nasty flu, as did one of my sisters-in-law. J started to show symptoms of the same darn bug several days after the funeral. By last Tuesday (three days ago) I started coughing. Things got very bad very quickly and I had a fever of 38.6 Wednesday afternoon and was having painful dry coughing fits that left me gasping for breath. My throat, chest, and ribs are sore from all the dry coughing. I wish things would just loosen up and get phlegmy. So I've been home the last three days, trying to rest and trying to take care of myself. This flu is just kicking my butt. I just hope the baby is still safe.

8 comments:

WithinWithout said...

OK, I'm so pissed off...blogger lost my comment.

Here it is again, or at least a reasonable facsimile...

Here's hoping for phlegm to profligate or congregate or proliferate or whatever phlegm does.

Here, let me massage your...oh, never mind. Of course I hope the baby is safe and secure and sound.

Could there be a more difficult word to spell than phlegm? Can we just call it green stick stuff?

Buffalo said...

Poor baby! Life has been dealing with you harshly.

Susan said...

Im sorry for your loss anna, miranda told Me about it while we were on our trip, I did not know as I had not had much time to read lately, My heart goes out to you.. I am happy about your news of pregnancy..
hang in there and feel better soon

Mia said...

Get lots of rest, and know we're all routing for you. (((BIG HUGS)))

Just remember as sad as your loss was, there is one more angel up there watching over you and yours.

anna said...

WW - The phlegm seems to be m.i.a. and the dry coughing is persisting. I would gladly take a massage - everything aches.

Buffalo - What doesn't kill me will make me stronger... or at least that's the theory.

Susan - Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments.

miranada - Work is interfering with me taking care of myself. Damn employers.

Mia said...

UGHS....damn that work thing.

Fiona said...

I feel for you Anna - I brought a dose of it back from the States on my last trip. And now I've got Hong Kong tummy. There seems to be a lot of new stuff going around this year!! Be well soon.

anna said...

Fiona - I hope you feel better soon too.