Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a fond memory


It surprises me that I remember the context of this photo and others very similar to it. It surprises me because I was only about two years old at the time and I don't have many recollections from such an early age - quite possibly none other than this one.

My parents would take my youngest brother (two years my senior) and me with them when they would go grocery shopping. The grocery store was part of a mall and my father would often get my brother and me out of my mother's hair by taking us through the mall so that my mom could focus on getting the shopping done as quickly as possible. He would hold each of us by the hand and we would walk together. Occasionally he would take us into those photo booths and snap some photos. I don't even know how much those things cost back then, but I'm flattered now that my father would be willing to spend his very hard earned money on these silly photos.

5 comments:

Buffalo said...

They're not silly. They freeze and save a memory.

Mia said...

What a beautiful pic. I would have loved if my dad had wasted a bit of money on 'silly' photos. I noticed as Im doing their big book, that being the 3rd child the pictures dwindled to barely a few.

SecretRider said...

A touching moment from your past.
Beautiful.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Priceless

WithinWithout said...

He's such a handsome man, having fun with a little girl named Anna who looks a bit distracted...

It's amazing what memories can come back and feelings at certain times, huh?

That you remember him holding your hand and your brother's hand in the mall is super cool...

I'm sure he's smilin' just like that, reading this post...big hugs.